October 26, 2006

spiders abound

as some of you know, christopher and i have fought the spider battle the past few months of living in this little apartment of ours. now that the weather is a bit cooler, we thought for sure we had won the battle since we hadn't seen any lately. this morning while christopher was in the shower, i was getting dressed, pulled my pants out of my closet and laid them on the bed. i saw something on them and said "BLAST! they're dirty!" only to discover that it was not blessed, beautiful, non-venomous dirt, but a blasted, cursed, and soon-to-be-squashed spider. not only did the spider have enough nerve to camp out on my pants, he had actually spun a web ON my pants. *sigh* thankfully, he didn't run away when he was exposed. rather, he surrendered to the bottom of my shoe, and the web came off easily with no lingering effects. *sigh* i'm telling you people. shake your clothes out before you put them on!! always!!

in other news, a good friend left a message with me this morning that her mom is in the hospital here in chatt-town. my friend lives pretty far away, and she wants me to go visit her mom tomorrow. she was there for minor surgery and it turned into a "major problem" - but everything's going to be okay. dangit hospitals. pray for her and her family if you think about them today. we'll go see her tomorrow, and i'll update the world.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Chapel Hill, Shelly and I constantly waged war on (and I am not kidding) flying roaches. Maybe they weren't actually roaches, but they were big as butterflies and would zoom away if spooked. It usually went like this: one would crawl out of an underwear drawer, Shelly would scream, I would run to her with a plastic cup, jail the roach in the cup, and bend over, walking it to the front door where I would unceremniously flip it into the great out-of-doors. This is because squashing it would have left a far bigger mess on my shoe than I was willing to clean. I feel your pain, sister.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home